I have hazel/blue eyes. In the edge of the iris I have an orange spot. I have been told I have risk of cancer b/c. Is this true?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Unlikely
Cancer of the iris and of the surface of the eye is very uncommon.
What you are seeing is probably either a nevus on the iris (is it inside the eye?) or a benign thickening of the conjunctiva at the edge of the cornea (outside of the eye). You should consult with your ophthalmologist to sort this out.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possibly
What you are describing is most likely something called an iris nevus.
This is essentially a freckle on the surface of your iris. There is an extremely small risk that any pigmented lesion such as this can become dangerous. See your eye doctor and they will monitor it for changes for you.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Adam Smith