I have 2-3 major sneezing fits a day, for over 20 years. This has caused costochondritis. It is becoming much worse. What can I do to lessen this?

Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: Need help

I think you really need to see a specialist to help you figure out what is causing the problem especially if your are getting costochonritis from this.
Many nasal sprays whether steroid based or anticholinergic can probably be very helpful.

In brief: Need help

Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Sneezing

Best to see your pcp or an allergist to determine the cause(s) of the sneezing.
Then appropriate treatment should decrease/eliminate the episodes so your costochondritis can calm down with anti-inflammatory meds. If you smoke or inhale drugs, stop at once. Your doc can help you quit smoking or refer you for help if drugs are involved.

In brief: Sneezing

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology