Should I see a specialist for bronchitis, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Depends... Acute bronchitis can be diagnosed and treated by your family doctor. Chronic bronchitis, a form of copd, sometimes requires the help of a lung doctor to both diagnose and treat the disorder, although treatment can be monitored by your family doctor.
Your doctor can. Your doctor can treat you. He or she can determine what medications you'll need.
Regular Doctor. "bronchitis" is usually a viral upper respiratory infection, but can be caused by irritants (eg: smoke), allergens, & sometimes bacteria. Your doctor may prescribe cough medication (otc meds don't work well), inhalers for wheezing (can cause dry cough), or anti-inflammatories such as prednisone. Antibiotics are often (over) prescribed, sometimes to placate patients. Your regular doctor is perfect.