My wife thinks I should see someone for my generalized anxiety disorder. Should i?

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: GAD

Have you already been diagnosed? Or, do you refer to having some symptoms of anxiety? If you want to be formally evaluated and see if you have gad or any other anxiety disorders then yes, seeing a professional is a good idea. If your anxiety springs affect your everyday life, seeing a professional and getting some help is also a good idea.

In brief: GAD

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Anthony Vita

In brief: Probably

You probably should at least have an evaluation, especially if your wife thinks it is a problem. Have you been diagnosed before? GAD can usually be diagnosed on the basis of a thorough psychiatric interview, after ruling out any medical causes such as thyroid problems.
Excessive worry that causes distress or impairment is the primary symptom. SSRI medications and CBT are effective treatments.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Anthony Vita
Dr. Anthony Vita
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine

A good rule of thumb is that if a spouse, especially a wife thinks you need to see someone, then that's what i would do.
If the symptoms are severe enough that they have concern, then it's worth getting it evaluated.

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Eric Weisman