I have slight hypothyroidism. My TSH level is 5.6. How can I fix this so i can get pregnant?

Dr. Marc Fritz
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Simple treatment

If you are taking thyroid medicine now for your hypothyroidism, you will just need a slight increase in your dose, which will increase your T4 level and lower your TSH level.
For women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, current recommendations are for treatment that lowers your TSH below 2.5. You also may need further evaluation since thyroid disease is not a common cause of infertility.

In brief: Simple treatment

Dr. Marc Fritz
Dr. Marc Fritz
Dr. Snunit BEN - OZER
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Probably synthroid (thyroxine)

Thyroid hormones affect many cells and functions in the body of the mom and baby.
Please be checked and treated. Also your prolactin level may need to be evaluated.

Dr. Snunit BEN - OZER
Dr. Snunit BEN - OZER
Dr. Elden Rand
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Mildly elevated TSH

First, would have TSH repeated with a simultaneous free T4 level.
Treatment for hypothyroidism is with low dose thyroid replacement with levothyroxine (synthroid). Would avoid cow thyroid preparation or Armour Thyroid due to variations in amount per tablet.

In brief: Mildly elevated TSH

Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Jane Van Dis