At my last check up, I forgot to tell the doctor about obstructive sleep apnea. Is that ok?

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Let the doc know
You always want to let your doctors know if you have sleep apnea.
Sedating medications can have an effect on the degree of apnea you have. Also, anesthesia can also be dangerous as well too. I suggest calling your doctor and letting them know, especially if you're not being treated for sleep apnea.

In brief: Let the doc know
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: No
No, sleep apnea is a lot like diabetes in that it causes problems long term. Hypertension, heart disease, stroke are all more common in apnea patients.
Let your doctor know.

In brief: No
Let your doctor know.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Inform MD
Call the office and tell the assistant to tell the Doc.
Some conditions (for example high blood pressure) are related to sleep disorders. That information may alter the approach to any medical problems you have.

In brief: Inform MD
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
And be sure to treat OSA.
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Of course, but
Obstructive sleep apnea is very important as it can be very serious; even life threatening.
So, tomorrow, call your doctor's office and explain to the receptionist that you need to make another appointment for a breathing problem. That should get their attention and get an appt. Sooner. Before your appt., write down your symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea. Bring this paper to appt. Tell dr.

In brief: Of course, but
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich