Do symptoms like back pain go away quickly?

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management

In brief: Depends

Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis.
There can be several reasons for your pain. While it can certainly resolve on its own in several weeks, why wait. I treat aggressively to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, improve function and quality of life. A thorough physical exam and diagnostic studies will help determine what treatment will be best depending on your diagnosis.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Sometimes

Most of the time back pain will resolve fairly quickly.
It may be controlled with an NSAID or tylenol (acetaminophen). If if is persistent - you should see you pcp as you may need some therapy for you back. And, unfortunately, in some patient, back pain can become a chronic problem.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Vikram Patel