Is there any pain involved in a bone grafting?

Dr. Daniel Kubikian
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Usually minor

I prepare patients that there should be no pain during the bone grafting procedure.
Afterward, i typically give advil (ibuprofen) and prepare the patient to expect pain ranging from 2-4 out of 10. This is true for most types of bone grafting (allograft, xenografts, autograft). I do not perform block grafting (a larger piece of bone from your own body); i would not know how that pain may differ.

In brief: Usually minor

Dr. Daniel Kubikian
Dr. Daniel Kubikian
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

Any bone gaffing require opening the site were the bone graft will be placed, if the bone graft was taken from some body else will less painful, if was taken from the patient himself will more painful.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied