What kind of doctor sees somebody for Bartholin's abscess or cyst?

Dr. Rebecca Gray
In brief: Gynecologist
Bartholin's glands are located in the side walls of the vagina.
Sometimes they duct that drains the gland can become blocked and a cyst forms. This cyst may then become infected and form an abscess. Gynecologists see these often and they can be easily drained in the office, if necessary.

In brief: Gynecologist
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
In brief: Gynecologist
Gynecologists are trained in the management of bartholin cysts and abcesses.
These can be treated with minor surgical procedures that can be performed in the office. In my opinion, it is better to marsupialize these in the office rather than to just drain them. The procedure is a little more involved than drainage, but recurrence is far less.

In brief: Gynecologist
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Jane Van Dis