Should I see a specialist for diverticulitis, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Dr. Frederick Shieh
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Both are fine

Most physicians can treat diverticulitis, but the most important thing is to make sure that the diagnosis is correct.
If you have an episode of diverticulitis, it is often recommended to have a colonoscopy at some point afterwards though, and this should be done by a gastroenterologist.

In brief: Both are fine

Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Diverticulitis

Who diagnosed your diverticulitis in first place.
Your regular doctor can take care of it as log as you have been diagnosed and confirmed with a cat scan but he/she will consult a gastroenterologist in your care.Because after the acute phase you need to be followed up for proper diet and follow ups.It is a team approach., to treat and prevent recuurences and complications.

In brief: Diverticulitis

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vicken Poochikian