Had breast stereostatic biopsy done my results came bck benign lymph node what is dis and was wondering if this puts me at risk for cancer?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Lymph nodes

can normally occur within the Breast.
If they can't be definitely identified as lymph nodes on imaging, or if they do not appear completely normal, needle biopsy may be necessary. If they turn out benign, no worries, there is no increased risk for cancer and nothing further needs to be done.

In brief: Lymph nodes

can normally occur within the Breast.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor

In brief: No

Benign lymph nodes can be located "within" the breast tissue sometimes.
It's sometimes biopsied due to suspicious appearance on ultrasound or other imaging. Since it's benign, it's nothing to worry about and there is no increased risk for breast cancer.

In brief: No

Dr. Leena Varughese
Dr. Leena Varughese
Dr. Adam Levy