Do I have to get treated if I have genital warts or will they go away?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Usually go away
80% of women with genital warts will have spontaneous resolution with-in 12 months.
However, treatment with one of the current immune system modulating medications specifically intended for genital warts can decrease that time to a few weeks or a couple months for most women. Genital warts are not usually painful, but if the warts are painful, treatment for a quicker resolution is warranted.

In brief: Usually go away
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Absolutely yes
Absolitely yes! if for nothing else you should have this looked into confirm the diagnosis and receive appropriate counseling about care and future management.

In brief: Absolutely yes
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham