Is the microcurrent face lift a risky thing to do?

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Surgery - Plastics
I think it is a relatively safe procedure.
The main risk is to your pocketbook as there is virtually no serious scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of this procedure. Caveat emptor.

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Microcurrent lift
The microcurrent facelift theoretically provides some tightening of the skin and muscle leading to rejuvenation.
If done properly. There is very little risk involved, but incorrect technique can cause discomfort and even a burn. The biggest problem with this technique is the minimal improvement that is seen for the investment. There are more dramatic options including surgery, laser, and fillers.

In brief: Microcurrent lift
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. Richard Baxter
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Safe but worthless
The only thing that does what a facelift does is a facelift, which is a 3-dimensional rejuvenation and not simply a temporary bit of tightening; so for that reason i don't think anything can truly be called a nonsurgical facelift.
I doubt that microcurrent does anything significant or lasting. Some nonsurgical options that are helpful include ulthera and thermage.

In brief: Safe but worthless
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Gimmick
Do not waste your money on a gimmick.
Save for tried and true techniques like facelift, Botox and fillers.

In brief: Gimmick
Do not waste your money on a gimmick.
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Low risk low benefit
It is generally considered a low risk procedure but I am not aware of any scientific reports that validate the benefits of this interaction.

In brief: Low risk low benefit
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Michael Kulick
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Microcurrent lift
No but you may be disappointed in the lasting effect of such therapy.
Take a look at this site - http://www.drkulick.com/face-procedures-san-francisco/laser-assisted-facelift/ I have never seen or heard of microcurrent results that parallel these type of results. It really depends on your expectations.

In brief: Microcurrent lift
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: No
It is of questionable value and is probably a waste of money.

In brief: No
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried