What can I use for narcolepsy if I don't have a doctor?

Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Behavior
Avoid slep deprivation.
This can bring on sleep attacks. Short properly timed naps, generally 5-15 minutes but no longer throughout the day. Appropriate use of caffeine. Avoid sedatives even alcohol. Do not drive.

In brief: Behavior
Avoid slep deprivation.
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Mark Patterson
In brief: Nap, frequent breaks
Narcolepsy is a chronic condition caused by the loss of cells in the brain which produce a chemical, orexin, which keeps you awake.
Excessive daytime sleepiness is one of the main symptoms. In order to function the best you can, medication is needed. However, frequent naps can be helpful. Also, try not to engage in a prolonged activity, instead take frequent breaks. Avoid alcohol as well.

In brief: Nap, frequent breaks
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Eric Weisman