I have severe pain in my right hip and lower back (right side) as a result of a fall five days ago. What type of disc problem could i have?

Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: As we get older,

It's common to have degenerative disc disease/ arthritis of the spine which may show up coincidentally in your x-ray.
And it doesn't mean that your fall did this. Also herniated disc may also be seen which u may have prior to the incident or may have worsened after the fall.The pain u may have now is primarily from bruising of the bones and spinal roots. Follow up with your drs. Best wishes!

In brief: As we get older,

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Cannot diagnose

Go and get seen and undergo imaging studies as necessary.
Take care of this now before it becomes severe. Hope you are better soon.

In brief: Cannot diagnose

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Vikram Patel