How would I know if my fracture radius and ulna are healing?

Pain and x-rays. The 2 primary indicators of fracture healing are resolution of pain and x-rays. If your pain is improving or gone then that's usually an excellent indication that the fracture is healing or healed. X-rays are used to confirm fracture healing as well.
X-ray, less pain. The typical way to follow a fractured forearm is by taking serial x-rays (over sequential weeks) and eventual less pain followed by greater function.
X-rays are use to. follow fracture healing, if there was a plate placed which is likley with an injury to both bones, in an adult then healing may not be overly apparent initially as the healing occurs via what is known as endosteal healing. this is good as it means the fracture is stable and clean. Splint or castn is often used until soft tissue swelling reduces EARLY motion MAY be offered but each injury different.