Why do my joints crack so much? I drink a lot of water.

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Benign

Joint cracking is almost always benign, reflecting pressure changes in the joints.
Since we humans are all different in our own ways, it appears that your body has a tendency to have joints that crack. Nothing to worry about, unless you begin to notice persistent associated pain, in which case you should have it checked out.

In brief: Benign

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: If u flex your

Joints on purpose and there's no pain, that's normal. Take care!

In brief: If u flex your

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Crack joints

Hearing a cracking sound to your feet, ankle or toes is not too concerning.
What the sound represents is air being pushed and dispersed inside the joint. It does not mean actual damage to the joints. At your age, it is not concerning unless you have pain or limited range of motion of those joints. I hope that relieves your concern.

In brief: Crack joints

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Welcome (saw your thank you note), if you have any other questions let me know, please vote for or follow me if you can. Thanks!
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See below

It is normal and cracking your joints will not cause arthritis.

In brief: See below

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Andrea Brand