My son took anafranil (clomipramine) for the first time and 30 minutes later he felt more impulsive. The prescriptio is done by his doctor for ocd.What can cause it?

Dr. Charles Rocamboli

In brief: Stop the medication

Different people react differently to medication and sometimes paradoxically.
Yes, Anafranil (clomipramine) can be used for ocd, but if he is having a problem with it i would stop the medication and follow up with the prescribing doctor.

In brief: Stop the medication

In brief: Side effect

Aggression or aggressive reactions can occur in up to 1 to 10% of people taking Anafranil.
I agree with the earlier recommendation to stop the medication and notify his doctor promptly.

In brief: Side effect

Dr. Cindy Juster