Is endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery a very common procedure?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Endoscopic and "open" carpal tunnel release are both common.

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
In brief: Surgery
Is not as common as open surgery for carpal tunnel, yet it is a common procedure.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
I agree, but it depends on the physician doing the surgery. Endoscopic treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome is becoming more common.
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be surgically treated with open or endoscopic techniques.
Both procedures require cutting of the transverse carpal ligament to release the pressure on the median nerve. Long term results show no significant differences between treatments. Endoscopic carpal tunnel release may be associated with less short term post operative pain and slightly faster return to work.

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a very common procedure.
When performed for just the right indication, it is highly successful. There are several techniques used to release the carpal tunnel, all of which are relatively safe. Endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery is the preferred technique by some surgeons. Some long-term outcome studies show no significant difference at 1 year.

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery
The success rate is very high.

The success rate is very high.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Surgery - Hand Surgery
The endoscopic release for carpal tunnel syndrome is a common procedure but not as common as the open technique.
The surgery has the best outcome and least complications when performed by an experienced surgeon with these techniques.

Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Highly recommend any hand specialist who uses this approach, and have found marvelous patient satisfaction.

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Surgery - Plastics
Endosvopic carpal tunnel release surgery is very common.
It gives patients thr added benefit of smaller scars, less pain, and a quicker post-operative recovery. I use the microaire system in my pratice and my patients are very pleased with the results.

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Many doctors now perform the endoscopic carpal tunnel release.
It is my preferred method of carpal tunnel release, although there are certain patients that may not be candidates. Recommend you find someone with experience doing the procedure.

Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Endo carpal tunnel
http://www.handctr.com/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-q-a.
html http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?Feature=player_embedded&v=m4hty1vyrxg.

In brief: Endo carpal tunnel
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Eric Weisman