1 doctor weighed in:

Laurie found a yellow mushroom in my garden and ate 2 bites. We think its leucocoprinus birnbaumii. Is this poisonous? What should we do?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Possibly poisonous

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii is considered "possibly poisonous" or "poisonous" by various experts.
The most likely symptom is stomach pain/cramping and nausea/vomiting but 2 bites are unlikely to cause serious problems. One should never eat wild mushrooms unless they are willing to bet their life that they are safe. I advise you take the homeopathic remedy nux vomica and call poison control as well.

In brief: Possibly poisonous

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii is considered "possibly poisonous" or "poisonous" by various experts.
The most likely symptom is stomach pain/cramping and nausea/vomiting but 2 bites are unlikely to cause serious problems. One should never eat wild mushrooms unless they are willing to bet their life that they are safe. I advise you take the homeopathic remedy nux vomica and call poison control as well.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Vikram Patel
Board Certified,
34 years in practice
977K people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors