Muscle tightness in head while at work that causes some dizziness. I'm a programmer. I have anxiety and some tight muscles in my back too?

Dr. Manish Varma
Palliative Care

In brief: Tension headache

Do you have any pain associated with the dizziness? If the sides is on both sides of your head and feels like a vice squeezing your temples, you could have recurring tension type headaches.
Try Ibuprofen 800 mg to see if you can get some relief and please let me know if you do!

In brief: Tension headache

Dr. Manish Varma
Dr. Manish Varma
Dr. Sean Fennessy

In brief: You know the answer!

1. Sleep more 2.
Make sure you have an ergonomically correct work station (computer/keypad setup for example.) 3. Relieve tension with warm packs to neck and otc tylenol (acetaminophen) - safe unless allergy - and read the bottle. 4. Reducing tension in neck will reduce tension headaches. 5. If bad headaches (i.E worst headache of life or thunderclap headache then go to er immediately. 5. Discuss with pcp.

In brief: You know the answer!

1. Sleep more 2.
Dr. Sean Fennessy
Dr. Sean Fennessy