Hopeless at coming off of ativan (lorazepam). Was on 1mgx3 a day tapered down to .5x2 a day ended up in ER with withdrawal/anxiety attack. Is there a easier way?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Challenging

Tapering benzodiazepines can be challenging, especially if the anxiety problem you have is still active.
I don't know if you're working with a psychiatrist or psychologist on your anxiety itself, or have been receiving Ativan (lorazepam) from your family doctor. There are helpful psychotherapies for anxiety and panic, and you may want to consider these before tapering your Ativan (lorazepam) further.

In brief: Challenging

Dr. Eric Weisman