Should I still go to work if I have black widow spider bite?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Spider bite

Depending on the location of the spider bite, if you can perform your regular functions without bothering the affected area , you can.
If, however, your usual duties involve repetitive pressure and contact with the injured tissue, you should not.

In brief: Spider bite

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: If you are not

Symptomatic - that sounds fine.
Black widow spider bites can cause localized pain. This can lead to cramping of muscles in the are of the bite. Or there can be generalized cramping of muscles, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, chest pain, difficulty breathing and tremor. If pain is significant or you have generalized body symptoms- seek medical care. For severe symptoms call 911. For severe pain.

In brief: If you are not

Symptomatic - that sounds fine.
a person may be given narcotics or injections of muscle relaxant. In cases where there are serious underlying medical problems antivenin may be used.