How fast can I make my itp go away?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: ITP in adults

Itp in adults is more likely to become chronic.
The fastest way to "make it go away" is splenectomy. But usually medical treatments are tried first such as steroids and immunosuppressives. Check with your hematologist for advice.

In brief: ITP in adults

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It vary

In most cases, itp in children resolves on its own.
Your child’s blood may be tested weekly or at longer intervals until the platelet count has returned to normal. Treatment may be recommended based upon the platelet count, age of the patient, activity level and bleeding symptoms. When treatment is recommended, it may involve the following medications that help keep platelet counts at a safe leve.

In brief: It vary

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Adam Smith