Are the symptoms of pancreatic cancer bad?

Can be. Pancreatic cancer symptoms depend on the extent of the cancer and can range form minimal to very significant in intensity. Typical symptoms include jaundice, abdomen pain (can be severe), bowel obstruction, weight loss, new-onset diabetes, depression, fatigue to name a few.
May be. Pancreas is somewhat hidden anatomically. May not have symptoms early with ca (and can depend on location within the gland); one reason it is so deadly. Can have depression, new-onset diabetes, weight loss, blood clots, jaundice, pain (abdominal or back), upset stomach, fatigue, abnormal liver chemistries, anemia, shortness of breath, fractures, etc.