Will cough stop me from going on my vacation?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Depends...
Depends on the severity of your cough, the reason for the cough, how far you are traveling, the transportation means like car, train, plane.
You need to see your doctor prior to your vacation to determine the correct answer for you, especially if you are also short of breath as your last question indicates. Good luck!

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Pray not
I know it's irritating since people keep asking if your sick or they just move away from you.
Also, it leads to poor sleep if it goes into the night. Coughing can be caused by lots of problems. It may be from an issue with the nose, voicebox, lungs or simply appear and persist (annoyingly) after a viral cold. Check with your regular doc for initial guidance.

In brief: Pray not
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology