My wife thinks I should see someone for my palpitations. Should i?

Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: If they bother you
Palpitations are usually caused by extra heart beats, which all normal people can have.
However, if they are associated with shortness of breath, chest pain, lightheadedness, passing out spells, they could be a sign of an arrhythmia and you should see a doctor.

In brief: If they bother you
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Perhaps
If you're troubled by them, you should.
If you have known heart disease, you should. If you're otherwise healthy and they you just feel an occasional skip or flutter, you're normal and don't need to bother. Everyone experiences palpitations sometimes and this may be made worse by nicotine, caffeine, stress, lack of sleep, or electrolyte imbalance from meds, diarrhea, vomiting, or sweating.

In brief: Perhaps
If you're troubled by them, you should.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Mark Stern
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
If it bothering you enough for her to know about it , it should get checked out by a doctor.

Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Peter Kurzweil