Can someone suffer back pain from ankle issues? Or heel issues?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

An abnormal gait due to ankle pain can certainly strain or injure your back.

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

They may be indirectly related.
When walking, your steps may be altered due to pain in your ankle or heel. Multiple those awkward steps a few thousand times or less, and eventually the other parts of your body that compensates will also begin to hurt. Hope that helped!

They may be indirectly related.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
2 comments
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Welcome
Dr. Wenjay Sung
If you have any other questions, please let me know. And if you can vote or follow me, I would appreciate that. Thanks!
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

Pain in the foot or ankle particularly if associated with limited motion/function can cause you to walk different and put a strain on your knee/hip and ultimately your back.
IN turn it can increase symptoms from an underlying problem with the back or cause it. See orthopedic specialist to get evaluated .

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Vikram Patel