What does it mean if I have pelvic pain?

Multiple causes. Pelvic pain is certainly not uncommon. Episodic pelvic pain associated with ovulation and/or menstruation is exceedingly common. Less common is chronic pelvic pain associated with endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, or persistent ovarian cysts. Progressive pelvic pain that worsens with time and occurs with the period, with sex, and / or with bowel movements is frequently due to endometriosis.
Many Pelvic Pains. Continuing the differential list.... Urinary bladder interstitial cystitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, scarring, an old fall with sacral or coccyx injury, childbirth, stepping off a curb funny, jamming on the brake pedal at impact, hip pain, sacroiliac pain, sexually transmitted diseases, hormone imbalances, dryness, prolapsed organs, painful sex... Men: prostatitis... You get the idea. See a dr.