Are school-children a high-risk group for staphylococcus aureus infection or mrsa?

Yes. All staph infections, including mrsa, are spread through skin contact. Because of their close proximity to each other, kids in school are a high risk group over-all, and the younger ones are more at risk as they tend to touch each other more and wash their hands less.
Yes, Staph, no MRSA. Young children, especially, who have close contact with others in daycare and ealy school, often bring home staph, (impetigo, respiratory, ear infections), but since most communities do not have alot of mrsa, it is the more common staph that they get and bring home.