What cause bump on top of big toe not bunion?

A bone spur from the. Joint due to the arthritis at the base of the big toe.
Osteoarthritis. You are asking what causes a bump on the big toe that is not a bunion. Osteoarthritis would be a common mass or bump that can develop on the big toe. Also gouty arthritis in males who eat a lot of meat. It tends to be tender hot and painful. See you doctor if it is bothersome or inhibits you from walking normally.
Arthritis? If the bump is the top of the big toe joint, at your age and gender, it could possible be arthritic changes such as a spurring of the joints. It may or may not have pain with range of motion. If you can take a picture and upload it, that would be helpful. I hope this information helps you. Best of luck.
Bone spur. Probably a bone spur form the arthritic joint but other things are an option too to be meor certain it would take a physical exam and some xrays if it is causing problems go see a doctor to evaluate it.
Bump. This is usually arthritic spurring caused by a jamming in the joint. Without x rays we are all speculating based on experience. See you podiatrist who will x ray the area and explain this to you.