Shrimp allergy? Ate some & within minutes my lips were bright red my face red and a rash on cheeks also lips numb. Will it get worse, i rarely eat it?

Dr. William Harris

In brief: It's possible

It is possible that you could have developed a shrimp allergy later in life, although this is not common.
The lip swelling/numbness and face flushing/rash seems to be a give-away, especially immediately after eating it. Of course, you could be responding to any other ingredient in the dish, as well. Take antihistamine now, as it could get worse. (your reaction in the future could worsen as well!).

In brief: It's possible

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Shrimp allergy

It could get worse.
Take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) now in the hopes that you can stop the reaction. In the future stay away from crusteaceans such as crab, lobster, prawns etc. There is cross reactivity among these crusteaceans.

In brief: Shrimp allergy

It could get worse.