I have rcc + lung mets. The reported side effects from votrient (pazopanib) look daunting, yet my dr. Will not okay sick leave. Is this common practice?

Dr. Chung-Han Lee
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It's usually ok

Quite a few people are able to continue to work while on votrient (pazopanib).
It's worth seeing how you respond to treatment before deciding whether you need to take off from work. If you have a lot of side effects related to the drugs, it's worth discussing whether you would benefit from dose reduction.

In brief: It's usually ok

Dr. Chung-Han Lee
Dr. Chung-Han Lee

In brief: SICK LEAVE

Everyone responds differently to treatments and he is hopefully going to give you a chance to do well with it and be able to work.
Positive outlook and expectations are very important.

In brief: SICK LEAVE

Dr. Robert Bennett
Dr. Robert Bennett
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology