What is a cystic murmur?

Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Murmur

it is systolic not cystic, and refers to having a heart murmur-sound in the systole phase of the heart.

In brief: Murmur

Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Systolic

I believe you are mistaking terminology.
The term is " systolic murmur." a systolic murmur is noise made during contraction of the ventricles of the heart.

In brief: Systolic

Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Systolic Murmur

I believe you mean a 'systolic' murmur. The systolic beat is the first of the two heart beats you have in a regular heart rhythm. The systolic blood pressure represents the pressure it takes to push the blood out to the body.
It's second part is the diastolic part and that is the pressure needed to keep blood flowing back to the heart. A turbulent sound or a split sound during systole.

In brief: Systolic Murmur

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology