My mom gets generalized anxiety disorder, so am I likely to get it later?

Unlikely. There is no familial connection with generalized anxiety disorder. However, first-degree relatives have a higher rate of mood and anxiety disorders.
In the genes. Twenty-five percent of first degree relatives are believed to be affected as well. If identical twins, if one has gad - 50% of the time the other will have gad as well. Not to worry. Manage your stress effectively, get good sleep, avoid caffeine/alcohol, and utilize diaphragmatic breathing/relaxation strategies. Exposure therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, and medications do work very well.