Should I see a specialist for cough and fever, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Family doctor...

Begin by seeing your family doctor since he/she may be able to diagnose and treat you without a specialist.
Your family doctor can also refer you to a specialist if needed.Cough and fever may be due to something as simple as a cold so see your family doctor first!

In brief: Family doctor...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Kristen Stuppy

In brief: Regular

Cough and fever are very common and should usually be addressed by your regular doctor. Seeing your regular doctor first is important for non-emergent issues so they can oversee your care and help make the decision when a specialist is needed.

In brief: Regular

Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology