Should I see a specialist for cough and fever, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Family doctor... Begin by seeing your family doctor since he/she may be able to diagnose and treat you without a specialist. Your family doctor can also refer you to a specialist if needed.Cough and fever may be due to something as simple as a cold so see your family doctor first!
Regular. Cough and fever are very common and should usually be addressed by your regular doctor. Seeing your regular doctor first is important for non-emergent issues so they can oversee your care and help make the decision when a specialist is needed.