What might this be? An itchy rash like cluster of bumps on my lower back just above my buttocks. It looks a lot like a bunch of mosquito bites.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: How long?

If it lasts over 6 weeks, see an allergist.
If it is short term, try some otc antihistamine up to 4 x the regular frequency but watch out for drowsiness. Otherwise topical Hydrocortisone cream should be tried. If it still did not work, see an allergist.

In brief: How long?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Powlin Manuel

In brief: Flee bites?

A cluster of rash on the could be from flee bites, if you have pets or if you sat on a grass field.
If it is limited to one side, you may rule out shingles. Poison ivy type of contact allergy should also be considered.

In brief: Flee bites?

Dr. Powlin Manuel
Dr. Powlin Manuel