Is it hard for a man to get genital herpes from hsv-1?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Herpes

I do not understand what you are really asking.
Herpes can infect any part of the human skin. If one does not have a history of previously being infected with herpes they can get this if exposed anywhere they are exposed to it.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology

In brief: Herpes

Not if he has had contact in his genital area with hsv-1.
While traditionally herpes has been categorized as hsv1 causing oral herpes and hsv2 causing genital herpes, either form of herpes can be found in either location. They can also be found in other locations on the body such as the buttocks, finger, arm, etc. The virus just has to get inoculated into an abrasion or break in the skin to infe.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Adam Levy