If I have had a methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (mrsa) infection or been told that I carry mrsa, am I at high risk for developing a serious MRSA infection if I get seasonal influenza?

It is possible. Not all patients with a history of MRSA have problems after influenza. It is very important to inform your doctor if you experience a relapse of symptoms after influenza. Early recognition & proper treatment of MRSA is crucial in avoiding serious complications.#1 is prevention of influenza with vaccine, hand hygiene & cough etiquette. Severe MRSA infection without a prior history of MRSA is possible.
See below. If you are a nasal MRSA carrier you would be at increased risk for MRSA pneumonia complicating a case of influenza. In many cases colonization can be eradicated by topical treatment ie. Mupirocin ointment and hibiclens soap shower and shampoo, sometimes combined with oral antibiotics such as Minocycline or septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim).