Please how can one differentiate between a normal and swollen lymph node of the neck, armpit and groin. How is this treated?

See details. Normal lymph nodes are small and very difficult to feel. Swollen nodes may be significantly larger and may be tender.
Simple answer. Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.