What is the FSH blood test?

FSH. Fsh is an indirect marker of ovarian reserve, ie the ability to generate more eggs with fertility treatment. It is not a very effective marker of egg quality. So the implication of a high or borderline value depends on your age, and whether you are attempting pregnancy on your own or resorting to ivf. Most fertility specialists prefer amh testing as it is more consistent and can be done any time.
Egg Reserve Marker. Fsh is the brains hormone to help recruit your one egg for the month. A day 2 -3 FSH is the feedback from the ovary to say, I am not pregnant this month. If the ovary is not working properly (ie diminished ovarian reserve), then the FSH by the brain willl not lower and be elevated one one gets their period. Thus you a low level. A new test called amh measures how many eggs one has left.
FSH. Fsh is follicle stimulating hormone, which comes from the pituitary gland and stimulates the ovarian follicles to grow. The ovary hormones estrogen & inhibin feedback and keep FSH in balance. Fsh rises as you age and run out of eggs. High levels of FSH indicate low egg quality regardless of your age. We use FSH to help guage your fertility potential. No test is perfect though. See your doc.