Will blurry vision and eye pain kill me or make me blind?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Unlikely

Most causes of blurry vision are instrinsic to the eye and are not part of a lethal systemic disease so death is not likely.
Depending upon the cause, and more likely if there is pain, you may have a condition which can impair the vision. You should seek the attention of your ophthalmologist to determine this.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: No, but

You should be seen by an eye doctor immediately if you experience decreased vision with eye pain.
This could be related to an underlying condition that could be dangerous if untreated. As a rule of thumb, any new decreased vision or pain that does not decrease should be evaluated without delay.

In brief: No, but

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine