Does it hurt to get a hair replacement done?

Depends on you. What one person perceives as painful varies. I have patients that say it was nothing and others that say it was definitely uncomfortable. I think pain perception can be altered by your state of mind in going into something alternative. Think positive, stay focused on other things and stay on top of the pain to help minimize it.
Pain. When done properly with a minimal amount of trauma and swelling, a hair transplant procedure is minimally painful. Most of the pain is associated with the initial injection of local anesthetic. In my practice we minimize this pain by adding epinephrine to the anesthetic immediately prior to the procedure. This mixture has a neutral pH unlike premixed formulas so there is no burning.