Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my hyperlipidemia until I can see a doctor?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Hyperlipidemia
To answer your question we need to to know what are your levels and if you have other cardiovascular risk factors, like diabetes, hypertension and heart disease and you weight and height andbmi.
If you bont have any other conditions you can wait to see your doctor for advice and there is no urgency. Diet and exercise and eating low cholesterol diet you can do and omega three and flax seed can be bene.

In brief: Hyperlipidemia
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Niacin can increase your HDL and lower your Triglycerides though it's effect or reducing CAD is no strong
Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: Yes!
Beginning to get lots of whole grains and high fiber foods, and searching those food labels to avoid high saturated fat foods is a start.
If you want an over the counter drug, fish oil is probably best. Four grams a day can make a big difference. Red yeast rice is probably not as effective anymore since it has been reformulated. Niacin is burdensome to take effectively.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology