At my last check up, I forgot to tell the doctor I have sarcoidosis. Is that ok?

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: NOOO
This is not ok your doc needs to know everything.

In brief: NOOO
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Carlo Hatem
In brief: Need to know
Your doctor needs to know, particularly if you have symptoms or are taking medications for it.

In brief: Need to know
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology
In brief: Must, must tell
This a very important disease that can affect the entire body, not just the lungs.
If you have seen a specialist for this, please get these records to your doctor as this will likely be his largest health concern going forward. This was the disease comedian bernie mac fought throughout his career.

In brief: Must, must tell
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: You just forgot
In the most severe cases---rare, sarcoid can cause sudden cardiac death; also rare--- need for an organ transplant! make sure that the specialist(s) you see for your sarcoid are true experts in this disease.
Call your doctor and ask for a new appt to discuss your sarcoidosis symptoms and treatment. Some cases of sarcoid are quite mild or without sx. Rarely, are they severe.

In brief: You just forgot
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Adam Smith