Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my altitude illness?

Regular doctor. Your primary care doctor can probably handle this without special testing. Some exceptions include people with lung and heart disease that require special consideration of their oxygen intake, but for most people, the primary care doctor is the best place to start!