After losing 3 family members to CHF would I be a risk.?

It depends. Usually heart failure occurs in patients who have coronary artery disease (cad). Although family history for CAD is a risk factor for you. Control of other risk factors may protect you. These risks are smoking, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and obesity. Two unavoidable risks are to be noted, male gender and age above 45. Exercise and control the controllable risks.
CHF family risk. The answer is "yes, " particularly if they were first degree relatives (mother, brother, etc.) most CHF is due to coronary artery disease, which is largely due to cholesterol levels and elevated blood pressure, which are hereditary, as well as to smoking (even passive smoking), stress, weight, exercise levels, and diet, which are aspects of your lifestyle often acquired from your family setting.