I have a severe allergy to nuts. However, I am supposed to stay in a lodge that is located on a macadamia nut farm. Would this be a hazard?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
Macadamia nuts are considered a tree nut and avoidance is key in managing your allergy.

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Nut allergy
The answer is an emphatic "yes.
" the big problem with nut allergies are that individuals often have severe reactions even to the most minute quanties of exposure. This is a hazard i would avoid, if possible. Otherwise, make sure your doctor provides you with an epi-pen, which i suspect you would already have, if you have severe nut allergy.

In brief: Nut allergy
The answer is an emphatic "yes.
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Marsha Davis