My ultra sound for carotid artery showed, "mild noncalcified plaquenin carotid systems bilaterally" should I be worried?-(healthy 70 year old male)

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: No

Only when the obstruction is around 70% or higher we recommend surgery ( endarterectomy or scraping of the plaques ) but we order an mra or dsa to confirm it .
In the mean time you could take 81 mg of Aspirin (if not allergic or contraindicated )and lower your cholesterol as much as you can..

In brief: No

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Not really

Watch your risk factors- see stroke.
Org. No smoking. See your doctor to see if you need to take Aspirin or a statin or blood pressure medicine.

In brief: Not really

Watch your risk factors- see stroke.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Umesh Patel