What is good for a kidney infection?

Kidney Infection. Kidney infections characterized by fever and flank pain require antibiotic treatment. If severe, hospitalization can be necessary. A urine culture is often needed to help choose the correct antibiotic. Other urinary tract infection such as bladder infections or cystitis cause burning with urination, frequent urination and sometimes blood in the urine. Antibiotics are also needed.
Kidney infection. A kidney infection is more severe than a bladder infection. Symptoms usually include fever, shaking chills, back pain, and nausea or vomiting. Treatment is with lots of fluids and antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin or trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (bactrim, septra) orally for 7-14 days, if the patient is not vomiting. If vomiting is present, then the patient needs IV antibiotics in the hospital.